Cosmetic facial treatments are becoming more and more popular, especially in the UK – and it’s easy to see why. Previously, cosmetic surgery required going under the knife, but treatments can now be done with just a few simple injections. It has seen a rise in male patients in recent years, which would have been unheard of 5-10 years ago. Currently, the cosmetics industry is valued at £3.6 Billion in 2020, and that’s just in the United Kingdom.
Facial treatments such as Botox have come a long way in terms of safety and effectiveness. A few simple Botox treatments can help slow down ageing rapidly, whilst remaining subtle and largely unnoticeable.
Likewise, facial fillers can add a new texture to your face without requiring you to go under the knife. For example, if you feel your lips are too thin, you can have filler injections to make them look fuller.
Fillers are not permanent and will last depending on the type of treatment you choose to get (most fillers last between 6 months and a year, but can be topped up if required).
The rise in popularity of non-surgical facial treatments has been revolutionary and has reduced a lot of the stigma surrounding cosmetic surgery.
The benchmark cosmetic surgery everyone’s heard of: Botox
Let’s take a look at a few of the facts about Botox cosmetic surgeries:
- Recent studies show that Botox injections have gone up by 33% over the past ten years in the USA, with more and more younger people opting for the anti-ageing treatment.
- Botox works by relaxing the facial muscles, which stops wrinkles and crows’ feet from forming. Botox doesn’t last forever, so over time, it needs to be topped up.
- Botox is an extremely quick treatment and only takes 15 minutes to complete. Which means patients don’t need to take too much time out of their day to have it done.
- The results are immediate, with wrinkles and deep lines disappearing in a matter of days. However, patients will need top-ups every couple of months.
- Botox injections are incredibly safe if they are carried out by a professional. However, make sure you do your research before having the treatment done.
What sort of cosmetic treatments are available with Oh My Smile?
Similar to Botox, dermal filler injections have become increasingly popular in the past ten years. The treatment went through a teething period where patients often looked bloated and swollen, but we are now at a stage where science and technology have managed to create natural and aesthetic results.
You can have fillers on most parts of your face – the most common areas being, lips, cheekbones and jawline.
Some of the results from fillers have been amazing, with patients often stating that the procedure did wonders for their mental health.
So, let’s take a look at the benefits of having dermal filler injections:
- Dermal fillers give back the volume that age takes away from your face. Over time, your skin begins to sag and wrinkle, but you can regain some of the youthful plumpness by using dermal fillers. Modern dermal fillers can achieve this subtlety whilst making your face look natural.
- Like Botox, the results with dermal fillers are instantaneous, and the procedure can be done in under an hour. Although there might be some initial redness and swelling, this doesn’t last longer than a few hours.
- Most dermal fillers guarantee results that last between six months to a year, but you can go for a top-up every six months if you feel it is necessary.
- Dermal fillers have also proven to do wonders for your skin since they contain either collagen or hyaluronic acid, which are natural ingredients already in your skin. These substances create a natural feel for the skin and make the skin look young and healthy.
Overall, cosmetic injections can do wonders for physical appearance without the fuss of going under the knife. However, the most significant benefit is that it does wonders for mental health. As the saying goes, “look better, feel better.”
Not everyone is blessed with being happy with how they look, so at the cost of a simple 15-minute procedure; people can achieve satisfying results that make them look better and feel better.
Feeling better about how you look carries over into the rest of your life. As the saying goes “confidence is contagious.” if you feel more confident walking down the street, you will feel more confident about going for that new job or talking to that person you’ve always fancied but never dared to approach.
Are there any risks associated with any of these cosmetic therapies?
It’s an understandable concern to wonder about the possibility of a botched surgery. However, statistics indicate less than 1% of cosmetic surgeries go wrong – a figure that drops significantly lower in the hands of an expert. If this is a fear of yours, make sure you take the time to choose a doctor or dentist you can trust.
Looking better is about what’s best for you, not what other people say you should look like! So if Botox or dermal fillers sound like something that could benefit you, don’t hesitate!